Title: Dear Sir

Author: Mareel

Author's e-mail: Mareel@earthlink.net

Date: 06/22/03

Archive: Permission to archive granted to EntSTCommunity, Tim Ruben, Archer's_Enterprise, Reed's Armory, BLTS, Others welcome, please let me know.

Fandom: Star Trek Enterprise

Category: Slash (m/m)

Rating: PG-13

Series: This fic has a sequel, Concerning Courage

Characters: Archer/Reed

Disclaimer: Of course Enterprise and the characters belong to Paramount. I make no profit from this, but feel compelled to do it anyway.

Author's Notes: Planned as a response to Kylie Lee's Father's Day Challenge on EntSTSlash, I'm afraid it's pretty far from NC-17 and has only a passing mention of water. But I write what I hear, and it does deal with fathers. I know this isn't the first fic to show Malcolm trying to correspond with his father by; Qzeebrella's "Only an Ocean" may be the most recent. But the good lieutenant was insistent, and I gave in.

Dedication: To my own father, who always loved unconditionally.